Safeguarding our passage through the 21st Century
The Centre for Study of Existential Risk is an interdisciplinary research centre focused on the study of human extinction-level risks that may emerge from technological advances. We aim to combine key insights from the best minds across disciplines to tackle the greatest challenge of the coming century: safely harnessing our rapidly-developing technological power.
The Centre is currently seeking funding for several of its planned research programmes, and welcomes expressions of interest and offers of support.
- Ó hÉigeartaigh: “Existential Risk as an Interdisciplinary Challenge March 3, 2014
- Hundreds attend CSER public lecture (in association with 80,000 Hours) February 28, 2014
- Public Lecture: Existential Risk: Surviving the 21st Century, February 26th 5:30pm February 20, 2014
- Ó hÉigeartaigh interviewed on trajectories and risks of AI February 20, 2014
- CSER Funding update: new sponsors January 19, 2014